God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Friday, March 4, 2011

Letters

Dear Mario,

It has been a pleasure getting to know you and your super brothers (whoever they may be)again via the Wii. I know that our relationship has been rather intense lately, but I find it only proper to inform you that soon I will be breaking up with you. I have also very much enjoyed the opportunity to practice mad driving skills while living vicariously through your friend, Daisy, on the Mach Bike. Unfortunately this has become slightly less than fun lately as everyone that I have competed against has completely annihilated and embarrassed me.

However, my baby seems to absolutely love your sound effects. Or perhaps it is the voice of its father screaming "UNFAIR" (to put it mildly) during competitions. Either way, we may be interested in having you perform your background music during some times when nothing else is working. A soundtrack for infants would be nice.

~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Sleep,

Remember when you used to come to me every night for about 9 hours? I miss that. Please come back.

~~~~~~~~
Dear Baby Riedel,

It has been a joy to carry you and I have absolutely no regrets about our time together...Well...I guess I regret the turkey sausage ingestion that one day, but that is not your fault. However, I am very ready to hold you in my arms and see the chubby cheeks that you've likely gained from stealing all of my calories for the last several months. I will definitely miss all of your silly antics from within, though.

~~~~~~~~

Dear Water company,

So sorry for our recent influx of water demands. Blame it on the kid. Many times it was a false alarm. Do we still have to pay for those flushes?

~~~~~~~~

Dear Hospital,

Thank you for finally agreeing to credit me back the $5.25/day charge for turning on the TV and the $2.75/day charge for phone service during my 8 day stay in December. Perhaps you now realize that especially unemployed dutch pregnant women don't part with their pennies lightly.

~~~~~~~

Dear Readers,

Thank you for being patient with me as I struggle to write these days. I will update soon. Hopefully I will have some "real" news!

2 comments:

Lonita said...

Woo-hoo - congrats on winning your battle over the TV charges at last! Yeah, pregnancy and kids definitely change your sleeping - at least you'll finally be able to get more comfortable once the baby's born - but then they'll be waking you up every few hours! Just not fair. Can't wait to hear the news!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister,
I always knew you were a little off but this verifies it. Writing letters to everything--ha! (it is cute thought). Babies are for sure easier to take care of in there but I CAN'T WAIT for "her" to come out!!!!-- Praying it all goes well.