God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Finally!


Sorry that it took me so long to get this post done. Let me just say that things have been, well, I guess INTENSE would be the word to describe the last week. Intense in a wonderful way.


We had a baby girl last Monday 3/28. Her name is Lauren Kimberly. Lauren because Craig and I both liked it, and Kimberly in honor of Craig's sister who would have loved to spoil her, but will instead be watching her grow from Heaven. =(


Our little Lauren weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz and was 21" long. She is a very content baby, has lots of dark hair, and has completely stolen our hearts. Craig and I simply can't get enough of her. She is an easy baby to love...especially now that she is only waking once (sometimes twice) during the night. Craig asked me today if she even got up at all in the night...she just eats then goes back to sleep. Of course now that this is published all of that will probably go out the window.


Though my body has nearly recovered from her delivery, my brain has not. Writing has been most difficult as I struggle to collect my thoughts to put into words. When you combine the lack of sleep, brain malfunctions, and my desire to spend every waking moment adoring my daughter, the writing has paused for a bit. I will try to do better...trust me. I have thoughts and feelings that I really want to share, but this little one (who currently has her little foot resting on my hand as she sleeps and I write this) keeps me busy busy busy with all of her activities.

Today is the first day since she was born that I have actually accomplished anything. I sorted through some baby clothes because Lauren is starting to push the limits of the newborn sizes already. That makes me sad. I am on my 3rd of 5 loads of laundry, have tidied up the kitchen, finished a few thank-yous, sorted the mail from the last three days, and even read the news. Now I'm settling in the chair with my little sweet. She's getting hungry again and then we're (hopefully AND likely) going to take a nap. Naps when I can get them are a must in my new world...otherwise evenings are not so pretty.


I'll sign out with a teaser of the professional pictures that we had taken when she was just a day old at the hospital. This is not the best one, but gives you a peek at our little miracle girl. We are so blessed.


OK...so maybe I'll open with the picture instead. I don't feel like fighting with the blog today to get the picture where I want it to be!


Happy Wednesday, All!

1 comment:

Lonita said...

Love the picture - she's gorgeous! Glad things are going well and that she's even sleeping well for you! (Does she offer coaching for toddlers?) Can't wait to see more pics soon!