God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Questions

Parenthood has raised some questions in my mind. Most of them are ones that I would never ask a person face to face. That is the beauty of the internet...you can ask questions to no one. And everyone. All at once. Sa-weet!


  • Why do I sometimes wish that my daughter would take a nap and then wish that she would wake up as soon as she falls asleep so that we could play some more?

  • Does changing one's diaper immediately create the urge for one to fill it?

  • How much does the average family spend on batteries for toys and where do we fall in that range?

  • How come cute outfits only last a short while before catastrophe strikes but ugly ones can be worn for days?

  • Why must diaper companies characterize their diapers? Do you really think that my girl (or I) cares that she has Mickey on her duds? I don't care much for the character ones but am not willing to pay more for fewer quantity of the Pampers Prints which ARE cute.

  • Speaking of diapers, do you know that we have already gone through about 500 of them? (sigh)

  • Do all old ladies in Michigan grocery shop at Kroger on Thursday mornings? They do here, and so do I because they are sooooo nice. (and I don't know many people here yet.)

  • Does anyone else's husband read landscaping supply catalogs from cover to cover? (sigh again)

  • Is it possible that after a year of searching and visiting a myriad of churches we may have finally found what we've been looking for? Yessssss!

  • Why does my girl hate tummy time so much?

  • Is it true that little L has us so in love with her that we daily trash our own house with toys, books, and random amusements?

  • Why does baby's rice cereal look so good to me?

  • Is it normal that rice cereal looks good?

  • Does everyone stop watering their plants when they have a baby? My peace lily no longer looks peaceful or lili-ish.

  • Will I ever sleep through the night again? Just because baby does, doesn't mean Mama can.

  • Does anyone know where baby's missing pink pacifier or 4 oz bottle are? (I know you have one paci, mom, but there is another that is awol)

  • How do you slow down the clock? Time goes entirely too fast.

  • What did we ever do before Little L?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yea, it's all what I love about ya! But you did forget one question. What if the hokey-pokey IS what it is all about?

~M. Riedel said...

This is true...perhaps it is. Or at least it was 20 (gulp!) years ago in Mason City, Iowa.
Please tell me that my math is not correct!