God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bye Summer =(

Wait!  Where has summer gone?  This has been the fastest one to pass ever!  I'll try to recap the highlights.

Maddie was here for 6 weeks.  It was like she arrived and then I blinked and she was gone.  We had a splendid time.  She took an American Government class just for fun and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It became a little difficult at times because her pick up time was smack dab in the middle of Lauren's nap time.  We tried to delaying her naps until we got home...didn't work. We tried attempting to get her to nap earlier...fail. We tried staying close to Maddie's school so that she wouldn't fall asleep in the car...disaster.  Finally, we had Maddie take a bus home..Ding Ding--it was a winner!

We didn't do a whole lot this summer in terms of outings or vacation, but we did take in a Tiger's game and get together with some friends.  Maddie was also in Soccer camp which she loved so that kept us grounded to home, too. 

Craig's parents came out for a week towards the end of July and my niece, Brooke, spent the last week that Maddie was here with us.  That week was filled with all things One Direction.  I guess since my days of boy band infatuation are long forgotten I was not the most enthused about entertaining those who referred to themselves as Mrs. Horan and Mrs. Styles for the week.  We did have a great time together, though!

I spent a lot of time in Iowa this summer.  It all started when I went for a while to help my mom sort through some stuff at the farm in anticipation that she move SOME DAY.  While I was there we decided ot look at a few houses just to see what was available on the market.  One thing led to another and we she totally fell in love with the perfect house for her.  It was fun to be able to help her in the house buying process since it had been 25 years since mom and dad bought the farm, and she had never done such a thing on her own. 

Sadly, later that week our family suffered yet another tragedy as my cousin Josh passed away.  I'll never understand why God chooses to do things the way He does them sometimes.  I am so incredibly tired of seeing people that I love and care about (as well as myself) hurting.  But I do know without a doubt that God uses these horrible things to bring about good for His kingdom.  Still, though, why?!?!

Later in the summer, I was able to spend a couple of weeks helping mom get settled in her new house and doing a little handy work.  I changed the deadbolt locks for her, installed a peek hole in the door (which I tease will only allow her to see people's belly buttons because she is so short!), put in a keyless entry for her garage door, and installed some shelving in the pantry and closet.  It was fun to be able to use power tools that Craig doesn't let me use.  It was fun.

Last but not least we finally had some long overdue family pictures taken.  Since the farm is going on the market later this month and will be sold before we return to Iowa we decided to have the pictures taken on the farm.  They turned out very nice and I can't wait to get my prints!  I'll try....and I do mean TRY...to post a sneak peak below. 

Hope this summer has found you all healthy and safe.  Life is busy with a little girl who does not walk, but RUNS everywhere, and doesn't stop unless she is asleep, but all these are reminders of how blessed we are.  We are loving every minute with our sweet girl!

Ok.  So I got it to lad, but I can't make it bigger!  Also, the edited version doesn't looke like Lauren's head is floating on Craig's chest!

No comments: