God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Thursday, June 25, 2009

What's up

My blog has really fallen by the wayside lately. Life has been busy and I have not had much time or energy to write too much. When I have had the chance to write it seems that my thoughts have been a little too personal to share on the big old scary internet...so...that's what's up. I will hopefully update more frequently again soon.
In the meantime, here are some random thoughts.

~Madison has been with us for about 2 weeks now. I (insert heart) having her here. We've had such a great time just hanging out, talking, and biking. We've ridden our bikes like maniacs...at least 12 miles every time we go out, and we've gone out 3-4 times per week. One day we did 26 miles, but that is before the sun went into humid heat blower mode. Last night we added a new adventure to our biking journies. Madison needed a little extra encouragement to hit the trail, so I bribed her by saying that we could take some bread to feed to the geese when we went by the lagoon on our way home. Little did I know that there are now signs everywhere that ask that the poor geese not be fed--due to the large amout of excrement and unsanitary conditions. Nice. Well, the sign didn't say anything about not feeding the ducks in the creek, so it happened to be their lucky day. We found this momma and cute little baby and were feeding them small pieces of bread when Maddie turned around and saw that a whole busload of geese had crossed the parking lot to take advantage of the bread. They looked like they could become a little aggressive, so we hopped on our bikes and took off, leaving the bewildered ducks behind.
After about 50 feet Madison told me that my tire was hissing, and sure enough, I had a leak. It was flat in no time. 3 1/2 miles from home. We pulled into the driveway just as darkness fell. Madison riding her bike and me pushing mine. Go figure.
~I have become a total clutz. I don't get it. I have dropped a chair on my foot, a shelf bracket through my right big toenail, left the ice cream on the counter for more than 2 hours twice (not the same ice cream, obviously), and spilled a half of glass of soda onto my neutral carpet, got it cleaned up and then spilled the other half. Nice. So cool.
~We're leaving tomorrow to go to the Wisconsin Dells with my parents and sister's family. I'm pretty excited. Anna warned my sis tonight that when we're on vacation she would still love her, but would be spending most of her time with me. I can't wait.

That's all I've got. Hope everyone's summers are going well....

No comments: