God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Monday, June 14, 2010

I really should be working on my Beth Moore Bible Study, but instead am watching the wildlife in our back yard. at 11 a.m. there is a deer standing right by my deck. There is a squirrel chomping on the budding fruit in the pear tree, there are birds everywhere, but perhaps most entertaining is this little chipmunk that keeps peeking in the window at me. I am going to miss this house. A lot. It is amazing how much more you appreciate something when your time left with it is limited.
Last weekend my mom, Craig's mom, and I drove out to Michigan to see Craig. We had a very nice weekend. We spent a lot of time at the new house measuring and checking things over. We did some shopping and some site seeing. It was a lot of fun. Now I am filled once again with the feeling of wanting to be in more than one place. I want to combine parts of my world and have Craig and our new house in the same area as our friends, family, and church. I'm not thinking I'll get what I want.
Today we have another showing at our Iowa house. My gut feeling is that we're getting pretty close to selling. We'll see if that feeling pans out or if it just there to confuse me.
Tomorrow I will start a new job. I have accepted a position with Bard Access Systems as a preceptor. This will give me some hours in this area for the time that I am still here and transfer with me to Michigan when I move for good. My main role will be to hold classes for new PICC line nurses and teach insertion techniques. I will also assist in Port-A-Cath education. It should be a very good opportunity for me. Just this morning I spoke with the Bard rep in the Detroit area and he thinks he may know of a hospital that needs a part time PICC nurse. Hopefully it will all fall into place.
Due to some really disappointing circumstances I will no longer pick up hours at Trinity after Friday. Since I am not one to burn bridges I won't go into details in this setting, but I am walking away knowing that it is the right thing for me at this time in my life. It will feel so good to not have to deal with the situations that have created so much stress, but is still saddens me to be reminded that people aren't always truly who they present themselves to be. Enough said.
For the life of me I can't figure out how next weekend will play out. I have to be in Michigan on Thursday afternoon for our closing, (I think my mom will go with me) Maddie is leaving on Thursday morning to go to on a church work trip in Wisconsin, we have to get the whole new house cleaned and ready to move into (it won't be too easy) Maddie will need to be picked up in the Quad Cities Sunday at noon, have the house ready for an open house, and be completely ready for the moving truck which will be here on Wednesday while also having our house ready to show at any time in between. Anybody wanna trade schedules?
OK, so I really need to get some stuff done so that's it for now.

2 comments:

Lonita said...

I remember bawling the last night I spent in our Michigan house - it's amazing how it's just a house, but ends up feeling like so much more with all the memories you've had there. Sorry to hear about the job, but sounds like your new one will be a good opportunity. Hope all goes well with the house stuff and the move!

Cathy said...

I'm sorry you were treated so poorly. I will miss your smiling face. It's sad to see all the good people leave. I wish you well my friend.