God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A day in the life of a stressed out former princess.

I probably should be getting ready for bed, but am thinking that tonight will probably just be a repeat of the majority of the last few weeks, anyway, (where I can sleep very little) so I'll blog instead.
This week has been ridiculous. I was at a point on Monday where I finally started telling people close to me that I honestly could not handle one more thing that was even remotely stressful so please don't tell me anything that will add to my overflowing cup. It seemed that everything had come to a head. Here is what I was dealt in one of the worst Monday mornings of my life:
  • I realized that my job would be ending before I had intended (more about that later, but not tonight).
  • I learned that the buy-out plan for our Iowa house would require us to vacate immediately instead of within 30 days as previously planned.
  • We were unsure whether the lender would allow us to close on our Michigan house before the buy-out plan was executed on the Iowa end and many phone calls to the lender were not returned.
  • We learned that we had a lousy turnout for our open house on Sunday.
  • Our Iowa realtor wanted to set up a private showing the next day and the lawn needed to be mowed, but it had been raining for the last 12 hours with no end in sight. He also told us that the couple that saw our house on Saturday was very interested...good...but still stressful because no offer yet!
  • I continued a battle with an insurance company that I started on Friday.
  • I was working a 10 hr shift and had a patient that was so large that the PICC line could not be seen via conventional X-ray, resulting in some creative thinking in my befuddled brain.

I think that is it. When everything comes to a head and life is overwhelming I have found that my resilience anymore is nil. It just seems to be too much for one person at one time. Furthermore, when things are so crazy around me the wounds of losing my dad and Christopher come instantly to the surface. And I miss my husband. I need my rock here with me!

As life has me (only at times) unable to capture what I need to do next I realize that the words to "Everything Falls" are playing in the back of my mind again...When everything falls apart His arms hold me together....When my strength is gone...He holds me mighty and strong...Love that song. Thanks again, Molly!

Today was a better day. A LOT of stuff got straightened out. I had a great talk over lunch with a good friend. I voted. I received a couple of meaningful notes from friends. Yep. His arms not only held me together, but somehow brought the peace that had been robbed yesterday back to my soul. Where would I be without those nail scarred hands?

This weekend I am getting away! Not thinking about selling a house, work, or anything else that I can avoid. My mom, mother-in-law, and I are going to Michigan to spend the weekend with Craig and to take measurements of the new house for blinds, where to put the piano, etc. Fun things. I only have to get through the work day and mow the lawn---hopefully. Yippee.

1 comment:

Lonita said...

I'm sorry to hear your life got even more stressful since we talked on Sunday! Here's hoping the rest of the week goes much better, and that you have an enjoyable weekend getaway.