God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Sunday, May 30, 2010

A little closer...

Oh me Oh my. So much going on right now and not a lot of time or energy to blog. I'll try to hit the highlights. I haven't posted anything for a while partly because our internet has been very sporatic and I've lost many drafts and partly because I have not been able to focus enough to write well. Here's a peek into what we've been up to.

The House. Selling a house is no fun. No fun at all, I tell you! Do you know how hard it is to have a house ready to show anytime? We've had few serious lookers, but no offers yet. The good news is that we got our buy-out offer and it is acceptable. We're still hoping to sell on our own, but at least know at this point that we can set a move date and closing date for our new house. In the mean time, we have been working like dogs this weekend. The helicopter seeds did thier annual pilgrimage from our neighbor's tree to our yard. I was lucky enough to get to spend quite a while pulling all of the little saplings out of my flowerbeds, landscaping, sidewalk cracks and perimeter of the deck. I won't miss that tree...or our sycamore tree. I'm pretty sure that Zaccheus chose the sycamore to climb because its leaves fall off if you even look at it funny, which would give him an excellent view of Jesus, although the trees in my childhood Sunday School literature of the story showed trees with leaves. Hmmm. Not OUR sycamore tree, though, it dumped all of its leaves last week and is working on brewing a fresh batch for the fall. That will not be our problem, thank goodness. We also mowed, trimmed, replaced a window sill, and powerwashed nearly everything we own. I think it now screams "PLEASE BUY ME."


The Jobs. Craig started his new job last week and seems to like it. He thinks it is funny and is excited to report that his office has a nice view of Lake St. Clair while his boss' office is across from the bathroom and overlooks the parking lot. (however, it is a lot larger). My job is going ok. My boss is going to offer my position to someone this week and, if the person is who I think it is, the training is going to be a party. I've also secured a couple of leads for jobs in the Detroit area and have accepted a preceptorship with Bard Access Systems where I will do hands on training for new PICC nurses. We'll see what pans out with everything. This week I am hoping to get my Michigan nursing license and am disappointed to learn that the FBI that does fingerprinting in Illinois does not suffice to provide the FBI office in Michigan with my prints. I guess in this case "Federal" really means "state." I suspect that it is just the governing bodies of nursing trying (and succeeding) to skim a little more cash out of me.

The Rest of things. Hmmm. I've got nothing. Honestly though, I am glad! My stress level has been in the red zone for a little too long. I am completely exhausted and growing sicker by the day of juggling all of the unknowns. Craig has totally been my rock through all of the tough stuff and is now in Michigan full time. Talking on the phone just isn't the same and it seems that when I am home alone in this quiet house my mind runs wild with questions and bittersweet memories...especially at night. This transition stage is a tough place to be and I am just thankful that soon the house stuff will be done, the "new" jobs will become somewhat routine, and that I'll fall asleep each night under the same roof as my husband. Each day gets us a little closer....

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Thanks goodness you've made a post on your blog. I was missing you! In regards to your comment about training being a "party"...is it a good party? Hope so!