God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Friday, July 16, 2010

Status

This will be short. I am so unbelievably tired. Most of our earthly possessions are crammed inside a too-small moving truck being driven somewhere in the Midwest by an incredibly smelly guy. I am sure that it is not his fault and it is likely that he showered this morning, but that was before spending the day in the 90 degree heat making hundreds (or do I mean thousands?) of trips in and out of that stuffy truck.

Let me just say that I would never never never want to work for a moving company. Those guys are powerhouses. I would not have survived going up and down the stairs that many times empty handed, but they were moving appliances and furniture like it was made of styrofoam. Amazing. To top it off they were pleasant and even funny.

The only thing left in our house is a random assortment of toiletries for Sunday morning's showers, non-shippables and Dixie bun. We're spending the night tonight at my mom's and will pick up Maddie tomorrow evening. Our plan is to have a slumber party on the floor of our Iowa house before leaving at a ridiculously early hour on Sunday morning to start our new adventure.

I stand in awe and amazement how well all of the things that have needed to happen have fallen in place. I shouldn't be surprised...God has been orchestrating this all along, but just can't believe that everything is done. Our house has still not sold, but the government buyout offer is acceptable and will be executed next weekend if there is still no activity. Thank you, Lord!

Part of me is so sad to leave behind so many good things in the QCA, but I just KNOW that this is going to be a good move for our family. There are still a lot of unknowns, but it is exciting to see God's plan for this phase of our lives unfolding around us. Exciting and exhausting. Actually, at this very moment the thing that sounds most exciting is my head hitting the pillow. Watching movers work has taken its toll and I must rest...Goodnite for now. Hopefully we'll get our new internet package set up in the next few days, but for a bit things will be pretty sporadic.

Hope summer is treating you all well....
~M

1 comment:

Lonita said...

I'm glad you've made it through your crazy week and all the packing up, and that things are going well. I'm sure you're more than ready to be living in the same place as Craig again!