God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Books

These are titles of books that I have contemplating writing in my plethera of downtime. Vote on your favorite under "comments." Anyone have any other ideas?

Babies and Bladders; a study of the antogistic relationship.

Pillows. How many is too many?

Memoirs of a Once Half Decent Belly Button.

Red, Yellow, Orange, and Green; the order of natural selection for Sour Patch Kids

Yes, Dear, I Love You; What every husband of an expectant mother should know to say.

Sciatica; What a pain!

I Roll My Eyes Because I Love You; a husband's guide to understanding the body language of his pregnant wife.

Pants? Seriously? Is it really necessary to wear them to the doctor's office? What's the point?

Toothpaste: A Mama-To-Be's Worst Enemy.

My Hair! Why Does It Feel Like Straw?

Classical Music and Sugar. How to give your baby the wiggles.

Aisle 9, Lingerie and Maternity. A guide to finding maternity clothes in department stores. (Seriously, why are these two grouped together? I mean, yes, there is a potential cause and effect relationship, but....really?!?!)

Ultrasounds. A once every 2 week experience where a mom gets overly excited to see how uncooperative baby can be.

Short Term Memory. And how to deal with its absence.

Hormones. Mine are in check, what's wrong with yours?

The Pants With the Secret Panel. A woman's vow to never wear them...until she realized just how comfortable they are.

From Cool to Cow. A journey through pregnancy.

Master Bathrooms; Why they were REALLY invented.

5 comments:

Lonita said...

Yeah, I never really got why the maternity clothes were always hidden somewhere near the lingerie (though not sure if that's better or worse than having them mixed in with plus sizes, as I found in other stores...)

Legend said...

Melissa,
I took care of you at Genesis (Amanda) and you sent me a card, would love to get intouch..so excited to hear you are pregnant!!! Would love to get your email and catch up on things!!

~M. Riedel said...

Amanda~Awesome Awesome Awesome. I would LOVE to catch up. I think about you girls all of the time and how nicely I was treated there.
I don't really want to put my "real" e-mail address on my blog since it is public. If you are on facebook, you can friend me there, or else e-mail my "junk" e-mail account and I'll reply with my real e-mail address. I'll be checking both places. So great to hear from you.
ms_riedel@yahoo.com

rachel joy said...

can you combine sour patch kids, bladders, rolling eyes, & toothpaste in one book? :)

~M. Riedel said...

Rachel~
I'll work on it...do you want to be a contributor? I'm sure that you would have some insight too! Hope things are going well for you. Wishing I could see you next Saturday, but we're not going to be able to make it.