God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why I am Thankful.

I am Thankful because:

  • There is a living, kicking, healthy baby being knit together under my heart.
  • My wonderful best friend and husband goes to work every day and then comes home to help me (or do for me) all the things that I shouldn't or can't do right now without complaint.
  • Our home is filled with love and often with laughter.
  • Francine Rivers is an incredible writer and has drawn me in not just to her novels, but to the living word of God. Her written words have compelled me to learn so much.
  • I don't have to worry where my next meal will come from.
  • I live in a country where men and women care enough to serve in the military to protect our freedoms.
  • I am able to take this season of my life to enjoy this pregnancy and do all I can do to ensure our baby's safety.
  • I have been given true and sincere frienships. Friends that have been there to celebrate joys and mourn losses and honor God through both. (sometimes all even in the same day!)
  • Grace. Pure and simple.
  • Thanksgiving is coming to us. Craig's parents will be here in less than a week and the grocery store is providing the prepared meal. Sa-Weet!
  • We finally found a local Mexican restaurant that compares to Los Agaves.
  • Our sweet Christopher Job brought refreshed purpose and meaning to our lives in the short time he was with us.
  • Most stores offer gift cards, which make Christmas gifts possible this year.
  • Our home is warm on these cool fall nights.
  • A new friend has come into my life and given me fresh perspective on so many things I thought I was alone in dealing with.
  • Our car didn't sustain too much damage when I accidently shut it in the garage door, and Craig didn't get mad when I fessed up about it. Note to self: Use parking break on the manual shift. Oops!
  • Craig's job (and my lack thereof) allow us to travel home for Christmas without having to hurry back to go to work.
  • My Maddie girl is doing great and loving her first year of Jr High...the turkey pulled straight A's! (Um? Can someone tell me how it is possible that she is in Jr. High?)
  • There is peace in my soul. Sometimes I have to wade through insecurities and questions to get to it, but it is always there.

This is just the start. Why are YOU thankful?

2 comments:

Lonita said...

Well, I am thankful for you as a friend! :-) And for some great roadtrip memories and hopefully more to come. (The husbands will need some time alone with the kids at some point, right?) Also very thankful that your pregnancy is going well - you are regularly in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Did I skip over the thankful for family part?? (: I am thankful for my newest little niece/nephew that I am waiting patiently for!
-S.E