God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Saturday, February 9, 2013

On my mind

Random things on my mind in this moment.  Of note, it is 1053 on a Saturday night.  Not that that has anything to do with anything or anything.  Anyway...
  • I really want some ice cream right now.  I have already flossed and brushed my teeth, though, and am far too lazy to do it all again.  But I really want ice cream.  I have been cycling this for the last 1.5 hours.  
  • Today I took a snuggle nap with my sweet Lauren.  There is something so fulfilling about holding my girl while she is sleeping.  I knew I should have just put her in her bed, but couldn't resist.  Tonight I paid the price for our blissful nap as she cried "Mama, I want you" from her crib.  To keep her from going into hysterics, I sat on the floor in her doorway for over an hour.  This is in no way to find comfort in such seating arrangements while 7 months pregnant.  
  • Now that Lauren is finally sleeping and I am laying in my bed, baby Riedel is wide awake and on the move.  I teeter between being so anxious to meet him/her face to face and not wanting to ever stop feeling these movements from within.  So in love with this little one, too!
  • I have another batch of sugar cookie dough chilling in the fridge overnight.  I feel a little bad that I hid the previous batch from my family and have now eaten all but two.  I feel worse that I told Craig that if he found any cookies anywhere that they were mine and I was unwilling to share.  I may give him one from the new batch. Maybe.
  • We have finally decided on names for baby.  For today.  Tomorrow that may all change.
  • I think I have an obsession with vegetables.  I can't get enough of any food that is green right now.  Today I had a spinach, eggplant, and feta cheese thin crust pizza with caramelized onions and tomatoes for lunch at Uno's.  I hope they have those in heaven, because if I ever get out of the donut shop there, I really want some of that pizza.
  • Said lunch was with a good friend.  And no kids.  It was amazing to have a conversation that was not interrupted by toddler needs.  I love my daughter, but felt so refreshed after having a break from her.  She and daddy seemed to enjoy having some time just the two of them, too.
  • I know it is a bad time to be thinking about it, but I can't wait to go on a vacation someday.  Other than trips to see family, we haven't been on a REAL vacation since 2009.  We used to go to Colorado every summer, but haven't been three since...gulp...2006.  We are so due when these kiddos are a little older--or born, in the little one's case!
  • I only have 5 more Weekly progesterone injections.  After giving myself over 100 shots in the backside for this pregnancy, I'm beyond ready to break up with syringes.  For the last 13 weeks, they have burned and itched for 1-2 days afterwards.  I'm tired of candidly trying to scratch my gluts.  (But I do not mean to complain...it has helped the pregnancy go smooth, and that is huge!)
  • Ok.  I need sleep more than I need to blog now.  Goodnight, all!  But I still kinda want ice cream...

1 comment:

Kathy (Riedel) Petr said...

I can hardly wait for another little Riedel to enter the world. But until then, let me share this with you:

Should children witness childbirth? Good question.

Here's your answer.

Due to a power outage, only one paramedic responded to the call. The house was very dark so the paramedic asked Kathleen, a 3-yr old little girl, to hold a flashlight high over her mommy so he could see while he helped deliver the baby...

Very diligently, Kathleen did as she was asked. Mom Heidi pushed and pushed and after a little while, Connor was born.

The paramedic lifted him by his little feet and spanked him on his bottom. Connor began to cry.
The paramedic then thanked Kathleen for her help and asked the wide-eyed 3-yr old what she thought about what she had just witnessed...
Kathleen quickly responded, 'He shouldn't have crawled in there in the first place...smack his butt again!'

Did this really happen?? Who knows, but if you don't laugh at this one, there's no hope for you.