God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Friday, February 19, 2010

Miscellaneous

Since I have announced our pregnancy I have been amused by some of the things people have said. Among my favorites is "Oh, I suspected because I saw you eating ice cream" which is not uncommon for me. I have also been a little ticked at times. Some may blame it on rising horomones, but in all fairness, this is NOTHING compared to pre-pregnancy levels. =) I just think that it is a little odd that people that I really don't know that well comment on my chest size. I haven't really noticed much of a change, and am not excited about other people pointing out their observations. However, a few things have changed. For example, my belly button. It is smooshed. This doesn't really strike me as much of a problem, but it is kind of strange and I hope that it someday goes back to the way it used to be.

I was watching along on Skype as Madison told my nieces about the baby. The girls all looked rather confused about how Madison was going to become a big sister before Megan broke the silence by saying "I want to see Missy's stomach...Is she fat yet?" Maddie's response? "I don't know....the last time I saw her she was only semi-fat." Thanks for that, Madison. Truth be told, I lost 15 pounds in my first trimester and haven't put any of it back on yet. There has been a definite shift in how my clothes fit, and I'm sure that one of these days I'll get my appetite back. Maybe then something other than milk, Starburst, pineapple, and Hotdogs (not together) will sound good. All in all, things are going very well and I'm feeling pretty good...as long as I'm not anywhere near toothpaste, which is beyond completely disgusting.

Oh, and one more random thought for the road: Madison announced that she has started training for an olympic gold medal in ice skating. Her training regimen includes eating ramen noodles, a carrot, and a banana for lunch. In addition to the rigorous food schedule, she is ice skating once a week and can now do a jump. We'll see how this all pans out.

I think that is it for now. I hope that all is well for each of you.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

You should post photos on FB.