God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dreaming...

I am not one that typically remembers my dreams, but lately that has changed. I could make many guesses on why that could be, but mainly I think it is tied to getting up in the night to go to the bathroom.

Here are a few of my recent dreams:

I dreamed that I was at the Iowa State Fair and was supposed to have a baby any day. I missed the shuttle that transports back to the campground and decided that a walk would do me some good. My back was killing me by the time I made it to the top of the "big hill" when I remembered that Mom had traded our camping spot and I had taken the wrong way, therefore, I couldn't find it. My cellphone only had one bar left and went dead before Mom answered the phone. I, of course, had to go to the bathroom but it was closed and had to steal a golf cart to try to find the camper. All the while my back was killing me and no one would help.

I have dreamed that I engaged in a deviled egg eating contest at work. I was apparantly the only contender, but in my dream-like state it was all ok. Someone had brought in a tray of chocolates, fruits and veggies with dip, and (of course) deviled eggs. I was told by one of the PA's that I work with that they weren't very good, but that didn't stop me from trying one. Of course I was pregnant and started to gag (which I really would do if I had to eat a deviled egg right now) and in an effort to not make the nurse that had brought the tasty treats in feel bad, I had another. And another. Until I puked. The end.

I also dreamed that I was working at a camp for the elderly that was being held at a warehouse similar to Sam's Club. It was late when I went to bed and someone had mixed up the room assignments. I was left to share a room with an elderly guy who volunteers as a transporter at work. I elected to sleep on a mat on the floor rather than share the bed with him, knowing that the floor mat was likely soaked in urine by the elderly camper lady that had slept in the room the night before. Although I was exhausted and very nauseated from smelling the pee, I fell asleep only to be awakened by housekeeping who told me that she would clean the mat for me, but it would take 2 hours to dry. I agreed. Then she charged me $50 bucks and took the mat away when I realized that I had no money. I reluctantly asked for another pee-soaked mat, but was furious because here this guy was sleeping in MY bed when I was going to have a baby any day and was dead tired.

Not only is this baby wreaking havoc on my love of chocolate, but now it is invading my sleep! Oh it is so worth it, though!

No comments: