God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tomorrow and randoms

Tomorrow will be a good day. I get to shower in my own shower after a few days of using the guest shower as our master bath was in a state of remodel. Tomorrow is my last day of work for the week. YIPPEE! I only have 1 patient to see...so far...it will probably change! And the best of all??? My Mommy is coming to my house!! On Thursday we are going to head to Michigan to spend some time with my aunt and hopefully cousins!) while my uncle is away on a trip.

I am looking forward to this for a few reasons. First of all I get my mom all to myself for a 6 hour car ride. I'm sure that we'll find some good reasons to share a laugh and maybe a tear. I look forward to just being with her. Second, I am really excited to see my aunt. Last fall we went to Branson with this aunt (and uncle) and had a wonderful time, and I love to watch how my mom and her just "click." Although they are both the "inlaws" of the family, in a lot of ways they are truly like sisters.

Yeah for tomorrow!

We finished the bathroom remodel and it turned out as good as if not better than expected. Tan-ish walls, light oak wood grain laminate flooring, bright white tub, toilet, sink, and trim, a warm and rich dark brown tile in the shower with matching countertop, pewter fixtures, and a splash of burgundy in towels and rugs. Perfect.

Maddie was here last weekend and we just had a really nice family time. She opted to stay home and help dad with the bathroom project instead of going to a friend's house to play. We shared a lot of laughs--such a sweet girl. I miss her so much when she is not here.

We did have a little excitement early Sunday morning. I was awakened from a very deep sleep convinced that a helicopter was trying to land on my bed. It was loud and my room was shaking. I jumped up and looked out the window--nothing. I screamed at Craig in my very alarmed and panicked voice "WHAT IS GOING ON??" to which he jumped up laughing a little and promptly unplugged his air compressor, which he had used to air nail the trim in the bathroom. Evidently it had decompressed just enough to warrant running the motor and restoring the pressure at 1:00 in the morning. He felt bad for laughing at me but said that the look on my face was hilarious. I didn't see the humor and fell back asleep shortly after my heartrate dropped back down below 500. Oh the woes of remodeling. We will now make rounds before we go to bed to ensure that this never repeats itsself. I was so scared.

I think that is it for now. The Biggest Loser is now on and demands that I give my undivided attention. Good night, all!

No comments: