God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Sunday, December 28, 2008

What's Wrong?


I don't know what is wrong with me. Chocolate is not doing it for me right now. I have a bag of Hershey's kisses (a HUGE one) sitting on the back of the counter, and I've walked by it several times already today without temptation. (Craig has not had the same experience). However, I am completely addicted to something else right now. Are you ready for this???? SPINACH. What is up with that? It all started when we on our way to Omaha for Christmas and stopped at Subway for dinner. Their Spinach and Artichoke dip was fantastic on a veggie delight, and then after arriving at Craig's parents', his sister was making spinach dog treats. They smelled so good. No, I did not eat one, but must admit that I was a little jealous of the mutt for a bit. The next morning I decided to make an omelet for breakfast. Eggs, Milk, Spinach, onion, and 1/2 slice of Pepperjack cheese. Oh my. One was barely enough, and I don't usually like eggs that much! Next, a sandwich. Wheat bread, mayo, mayo, potato chips (a family classic) and, of course, my green leafy love. When we got back home, I tried to recreate the omelet experience. It wasn't very good...neither was the second attempted repeat, but tonight I hit the jackpot. I sauteed green pepper, onion, mushroom, spinach, (all fresh) and a little pepperjack in some EVOO (thanks, Rachel Ray) and served in a soft tortilla. Fantastic. And the best part is...it is all low sodium, so it works with my diet well! I'm sure that it is just a phase, and my next obsession will be something substantially less healthy, oh say lard or nutella, but for now Popeye and I are best buds. Sorry Olive Oil...

No comments: