God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Sunday, February 15, 2009

Meet Crabby

I've decided that I am going to be crabby all day long today...except for a few hours from about 1:45 to 3:45. I woke up this morning still tired--perhaps due to the fact that kitty declared me his pillow for the night. Knowing that I was meeting with some friends in Oskaloosa today to discuss plans for a class reunion made me rationalize that it was OK to skip church so I could get there earlier and maybe stop to see my nieces on the way. I asked Craig to return my library books. "The one in my purse and the one on the desk." He managed to find the ONE book in our entire house that I haven't read and couldn't wait to start. Now I have no books for the week. Grrrgggrrr. (yes, that was a double grr--the second was even a little more angry sounding).
On the way to Oskaloosa Craig returned my hasty call from the book incident. He called just as I was approaching my exit and I drove right by it. He just can't win today. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone around me can, either. Craig later, rather hesitantly, returned my call from the missing the exit incident. He offered to do laundry this afternoon. My mood lifted a bit. "OK...I need a uniform to wear to work tomorrow, and a long sleeve white shirt to go under it...and some socks...maybe a pair of underwear or two, I think I'm getting low." That should get me through the day tomorrow. "Don't forget to not lay any dirty clothes on the basement floor," lest kitty get another untamable urge to mark. ( a WHOLE 'nother issue!!). On a brighter note, I did successfully parallel park today!
Wow. What's with me? Needless to say there will be no autographs from this princess today.

No comments: