God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Thursday, February 26, 2009

GOOD morning, and nonobservent Craig.

What a difference a good nights rest makes...for everyone! Kim had a great night last night. This morning her leg looks swollen but the incisions are draining nicely. Pulses are strong in her foot. The CAT scan of the chest looked good. The CAT scan of the head showed a small brain bleed. They have stopped her blood thinner (argatroban), postponed dialysis, and are going to do another CAT scan later today. She is still not responding, but is on medication (diprivan) to keep her lightly sedated so that she doesn't work toohard to breathe.
That's all on Kim for now, I think.

On a less serious note, Craig saw me updating the blog last night. He looked at me, kind of puzzled, and said "Do YOU have a blog?" I confirmed that it was true, except it was "OUR" blog. I think he's a little scared to read back through the previous entries. :) It only took him 3 months to figure it out. Shows how little attention he pays to me and how neglected I am. Oh poor me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See! I can keep a secret...I never told Craig that you had a blog. :-)

Glad to see there are some improvements with Kim. Thoughts and prayers are with her and your family.

Let me know if you need anything. Try to keep your shoes on!

Lonita said...

I hope you didn't do anything crazy and give Craig joint authorship to your blog (despite it being "our" blog, that's just way too much power to hand over).

Glad to hear things are improving with Kim!