God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Monday, February 23, 2009

Winter Blues.

The sun'll come out TOMORROW! I heard it on the news. I can't wait. Acutally the sun is out now, but it is colder than (insert something REALLY cold here, like snow, or ice, or frozen peas). I thought earlier that, since it's sunny, I didn't need a coat when I went out to get the garbage and recycling bins, but boy was I wrong. Fresh air that doesn't freeze your lungs when you take a deep breath is really in order here. For the last few weeks I have been in a little of a funk, and I think what I really need is a nice long walk outside. Ahhh. The thought makes me smile a little inside.
During this long and rather chilly winter, I have accomplished a few things.
1. The basement has been downsized. Well, not the basement itsself, but everything in it. Craig and I drug a whole load of crap to the curb yesterday and my friend the garbage man took it to its new home. (actually when I said "Craig and I" here, I really meant just "Craig." I supervised, but you may have already assumed that).
2. I have organized a committee for a class reunion and tracked down all of my old classmates. It has been fun finding everyone and finding out what they've been up to. Thank God for facebook.
3. I cleaned my house. Yippee! It may not look like it now, but once this winter my house was truly clean. I think that the cat liked it too, because it didn't puke on the floor for like 2 days after the big clean.
4. I baked cookies for Craig to take to his office for his 5 year workiversary. 8 dozen of them. Chocolate chip and sugar. AND delivered them. yep. What a good wife.
5. #5 is a really exciting one but I cannot share it just yet. Maybe later. No, I'm not pregnant.
6. I've joined a couple more committees at work. Why? I'm asking myself the same thing.
7. I did laundry! One day I woke up and had to dig through the guest room closet for a clean uniform. Only the ones I don't like are in there. I also had to go through the mix-matched sock basket for a pair. I won't let it go that long again...I hope.
8. I matted and framed the print that Mom and Dad gave me for Christmas. I am proud that I didn't leave it between the sheets of cardboard behind the couch for more than a month. Yay!
9. I went on Prednisone for my ear condition, went absolutely crazy for a while, and bounced back. Not crazy in the way that you all may or may not have known me to be, but that kind of "happy one minute bawling the next I may just start going off on you for no reason" kind of crazy. It was not fun. Craig will back me up on that.
10. I stubbed my left pinky toe so hard that the end of my toe split open and the nail bent back on itsself...and I refrained from using words that shouldn't be in my vocabulary. I know that this is not exciting, and not necessarily an accomplishment, but I thought you should know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's number 5? Goodness! I don't talk to you for a few days and you have secrets! I feel sad. But I'll forgive you b/c I know you've been busy with Kim and family.