God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Saturday, February 28, 2009

Devastated. That is the only word that comes even close to how I'm feeling. The internist came by this evening to tell us the preliminary MRI results. Kim has severe brain damage in all major areas of her brain.
Tomorrow we will get the final report from the neurologist and if things are reported the same as they were tonight Bob and Evelyn have made the decision to let her go.
Hearts are breaking, tears are flowing--no one is ready to think about saying goodbye, but we know and trust that God has this in his control.
I said the other day that the hardest part of all this is waiting for God to reveal his plans for us--but I'm not so sure that is true anymore. I now think that the hardest part is watching my fear in his plan turn to reality. Yet God has promised that "He knows the plans for us, Plans to prosper us and not to harm us. Plans to give us hope and a future." Jer 29:11
I'm clinging to that.
Until tomorrow,
~M

3 comments:

Lonita said...

I'm so sorry. We're praying for Kim and for all of you.

Shelli said...

We are still praying for Kim and your family. Remember, God did not promise joy without sorrow, but strength for the day.
Take care,

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sad to read this. Praying for the best for Kim, you and your entire family.