God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wishing...

Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip--he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you--the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
We learned last night that Kim had told her good friend last weekend that although she was still worried about having the fistula surgery last Tuesday, she was at peace. Peace because she knew she was going to heaven and would wait for her friend there. What a blessing to be assured that no matter what happens we too can feel that peace.
I woke up this morning wishing. Wishing that I would have spent more time getting to know Kim. Wishing that I could hear her click her tongue ring around in her mouth--the sound that used to annoy me so much. Almost hearing her slow, steady footsteps traipsing around on the kitchen floor...the size 2 brown tennies with the 3" thick sole that made her feel a little more the height that she wanted to be...and wishing that I could find Kim in the kitchen making those stinky dog treats that she was making the last time we were here. Wishing that this little dog of hers would quit staring at me with those big black sad eyes as I type this. Wishing this wasn't all happening and that I could stop all of these crazy tears. But most of all, wishing for a miracle...

No comments: