God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Monday, March 16, 2009

Vacation me please!!

I need a vacation. I want to go somewhere warm, feel the sand between my (in need of a good pedicure) toes, to feel the sun warm my (in need of a good tan) pale skin and to feel the vibrance of a tropical sunset.
We've planned on a vacation this summer with Madison--going to DC to see some of the national landmarks--but I'm just not feeling it. Everything seems to have changed now. I don't want to go somewhere and dash from place to place trying to defy land speed records and take in as many tourist traps as possible. I want to spend time with my family. Connecting. Appreciating. Relaxing. Laughing. Loving. Making memories that matter.
What to do. Where to go. How much to spend. Fly or drive. Maybe the destination doesn't matter so much, afterall, to make it real. It just takes the love of my life and husband, (they ARE the same person, you know!), my Maddie, and me. Family together. Maybe we can have a vacation next weekend. Right here. At home...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whenever you need a vacation, I'm in! I'm in dire need to get away too. I hear Circus-Circus has great vacation packages right now. ;-)