God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Saturday, March 21, 2009

What a fun couple of days. My weekend of fun started on Thursday when I went to Cedar Falls to see Jen. What a great day. We didn't do much--ate lunch (at a restaurant where they will place your forks in the proper place if you don't get it right :)), went for a walk, sat around and talked, and went out to eat with her beautiful daughter, Cheyenne. It was wonderful. I've missed her so much! I got home just in time to throw the clean sheets on the guest bed, tidy up a bit, and run the vacuum over the carpets as Craig's parents came later in the evening.
On Friday Craig, his parents, Maddie and I went to Chicago for the day. We enjoyed the downtown area, took Madison to American Girl Place where we senselessly bought her doll (our "grandchild") a new outfit and a new bedding set. When we left the store 1 1/2 hours later and $60 poorer we walked out by the lake and froze! It was sooo cold. Once we left the downtown area we went to IKEA ;) , out for dinner, and home. It was a nice trip.
This morning (Saturday) Craig pulled me aside and asked what my thoughts were on buying a new car. After coming to again and removing the ice pack from my head I realized that he was serious. We spent the afternoon at the Honda and Toyota dealerships. The deals right now are incredible! We didn't buy anything, but decided that the '09 Corolla is what most closely meets our needs right now. Maybe Monday....
Now we have a chicken in the oven and will make some cupcakes and salads tonight to take to a potluck at my sister's tomorrow for my cousin's baby shower.
What a fun-filled, family-filled, travel filled weekend.

No comments: