God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Monday, March 9, 2009

Home

On Tuesday it will be 2 weeks since I've been home. I don't necessarily feel homesick. I know where I need to be, but there are things that I've really been missing lately. Here are a few.

~I miss my church. I have talked with a few people from church, but today I really just wanted to be home to worship. I need to let God infuse my freshly drained soul. I tried to fill the need by taking a nice long drive this afternoon and crank the radio with some good praise music followed by a quiet time but it just didn't do it for me. I want to see my friends there and just get completely refilled . I need that.
~I miss my bed. I have been sleeping well, but not like I sleep at home. I hear different house noises here and a little dog barking in the mornings sometimes. This morning I was even awaked by what I thought was a kung fu match in the living room. Turns out that Bob ate something that didn't agree with him and had to puke. I've never heard anything quite like that and, as a nurse, many people have puked in front of me. Weird--that's what this morning was. I can't wait to get home and curl up in my own bed with my favorite pillow and just sleep.
~I miss work. Not really. I don't miss my job at all. I don't know why I wrote that.
~I miss my friends. Molly, Amanda, Brenda, Jen, (I would miss you, too, Char if you hadn't ditched me and moved :) ). I miss you girls! It has been WAY too long since any of us have hung out! A girl's night is in order...soon!
~I miss the cat. There. It's official. I like the cat and I miss him. We won't, however, be replacing him when his quarantine process is complete.
~I miss the back yard. There is something about our backyard that I love. I can look out no matter what the season and find comfort there. We've only been in our house for 3 years, but it is a very "homey" home!
~I miss Los Agaves. I have had a hankering for some good authentic Mexican lately and Los Agaves is the best. yummy.
~I miss the Biggest Loser. I have missed 2 consecutive episodes. I really want to catch up on that.
~I miss Craig. It's not that I haven't seen him, it is just that our relationship has been hurried and rushed since this all started. I want to just sit and talk about everything. I miss him.
~I miss home.

1 comment:

Lonita said...

I hope you'll be able to enjoy some relaxing time at home soon - we've been thinking about you guys! (I notice you didn't mention missing the rabbit - simply an oversight?)