God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day away

Today I am going to treat myself. I am going to drive to see my best friend from "home." Jen and I grew up together--elementary, Jr High, and Highschool. After highschool we kind of drifted apart, but we have one of those friendships that, when we see eachother, time and distance fade away and we find ourselves as the same old good friends from long ago. I haven't seen her now for about 4 years--can that be right? (Shame on me!) I have no idea what we are going to do, but I know that it will involve a good long catch-up time.
I have so many other things that I should be doing today. Craig's parents are coming for the long weekend and should arrive around 10 tonight with Maddie. I am so looking forward to spending some time with them without the stress of hanging out in the hospital or planning for arrangements. We've got some fun stuff planned. My house is not at all in the shape that I would like it to be in for company, but in my defense I have not been here much! I will at least throw some clean sheets on the guest bed and do a courtesy clean up of the new coughed up hairball (thanks, kitty) that I found this morning.
So much to look forward to...so little time!
I am so thankful that I finally made it through my work week and am now in my 7 day off stretch. Ahhh. Life is good...

No comments: