God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Monday, May 18, 2009

All in a day.

I'll probably be blogging more than my norm this week. I am bored. B O R E D. I have oodles of stuff that I could and should be doing, but today was not very fruitful on that front. I am having a garage sale in 3 weeks and am not at all ready. My mom and sister are bringing stuff, too, and I am just a little concerned that they are taking separate vans to accomodate all of their sellables. Oh my. This could get interesting.
Craig is on travel yet again...to Maryland again with some hydraulic line that has a piece of metal on it that he claims is ingenious. I believe him. He is smart and makes things work. When Craig travels I always ask that he call me when he gets back to the hotel for the night. It is now 11:42 PM and I am still waiting for his call. He did let me know that he arrived lately, but it really ticks me off when he doesn't call before bed. It causes my mind to keep me up asking "What if" questions. I hate those. "What if he got lost and is wandering around the streets in a strange town. What if he had another one of those vertigo attacks and became disoriented or passed out. What if he slipped in the shower and is bleeding and they won't find him til morning. What if..." Yet, I know my husband. When he is tired, he stops thinking properly and, quite honestly, about me. He falls asleep and nothing short of an earthquake will wake his slumber. I know that he has to be tired. He went to bed around 10 last night but had to be at the airport by 5 this morning. Yes, that is it. He just fell asleep and probably forgot to take his phone off of silent mode, too. The double whammy side of this is that he will probably call me at 5 AM when he is up starting his day to tell me that he saw all of my missed calls and is sorry...he fell asleep.

I did get to skype with my cousin, Tricia, in Australia tonight which was very nice. Her baby was making faces at me in the webcam and I was making faces back at her--so cute. It is nice to have modern technology that can connect us with people that we love and miss around the world.

Today was also the day that I got my annual evaluation at work. It went very well. I am an "Exceptional Employee." I qualify for the maximum raise....but...we're not getting any raises this year because of the economy, so I just got a good evaluation. Bummer. Praises are nice, but a little extra cash really gets my attention!

Char is also out of town this week, which makes my life a little more boring because I kind of look forward to hearing about the drama in her life a couple of days each week. She said I could call anytime, but she probably didn't mean on day 1.

Tomorrow I get to babysit in the morning for Anna while Molly goes to an appointment. :) I'm looking forward to spending some time with Anna, but am a little concerned because the last time I saw her she came and put her arms up, which I thought meant she wanted me to pick her up. Well, she didn't and made some sounds indicating that she was not pleased followed by a little push away when I set her back down. I'm sure that we'll be fine.

OK, well, I think that I have probably taken up enough of your time for now. I am going to try one more time to call the hubs and then am going to bed! 'Nite all.

No comments: