God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Needing some color

Craig has redeemed himself. He did not answer his phone because he had it on vibrate mode in his pocket. He was walking to the bar 2 miles away at midnight in a strange town to pick up his coworker who had taken the shared rental car and was too wasted to drive home. What a guy! I can assure you that I would not be walking anywhere at night by myself. Craig did change his travel schedule so that he will be home tomorrow. Yippee! I can't wait, but am going to delight in my last night of restful sleep tonight. :(

Today I went to Lowe's to pick out paint. I have been pondering the idea of painting both the kitchen and the family room for a while and finally decided that it was time to talk colors. I was thinking "Blade of Grass Green" for the family room. It is, well, the color of a blade of grass. I think that it will look nice--kind of creating unity between the indoors and the outdoors. As for the kitchen...I like the way that the dining room turned out so much that I want to bring some of that into the kitchen. I'm thinking the same creamy wall color for the soffits and walls. There is very limited wall space in this kitchen--it is all cabinets or windows. I'd like to do an accent wall above the table. So far, I am tinkering with the same color as the curtains in the dining room...kind of a reddish rust color. I currently have a sample color taped to the wall, but I think that I would need about 5,342 more to cover the entire space. I so cannot picture what it will look like from one of those tiny squares.

Now...the moment of truth. I want to know who of you, my friends, were going to call me and tell me that I absolutely CANNOT paint any part of my house the color of a blade of grass. It was just a trick to see what you all were thinking when I said that. So...leave me some feedback.

In all honesty I have no idea what color to paint the family room. The paneling is staying for now. :( We realized that it would be way too much work to remove it right now...all of the trim would have to be replaced and there is a LOT of freaking trim in this room. I am leaning towards getting rid of the stripe--kind of. I want to use the same color of paint but alternate between semi-gloss and flat to give it a subtle kick. Otherwise, It could look like painted paneling! Pale sage greens and pale blues are catching my eye right now, but I have to be a little careful. I don't want it to look like a nursing home only missing the pink carpet and scent of urine. Perhaps if I go ahead with my projects soon I will post pictures on the blog. I very rarely ever do that.

But for now, I need to go to bed. I have to go back to work tomorrow and would probably have better accuracy with my needles if my eyes are open. Goodnight, virtual world.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I LOVED those colors we looked at last weekend! Loved them! I think you should go with something there! Definitely not blade of grass green. Maybe weed green but definitely not blade of grass green. Too green. And with the rust red, it may look Christmas'y...just a free tip. LOL :-) Miss you, friend!