God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Monday, May 11, 2009

How family cable has changed my life.

We have had the family cable package for 6 days now. Six glorious days. I am still very much interested in watching every single episode of anything on HGTV, but just tonight started flippin through to find out what else I may be missing. These are some of the changes that I have noticed since this happened in our house.
~I have not watched the news. Not even once. For all I know we have switched our currency to pigs hooves. Wait...do pigs even have hooves? I really don't know! I also have no idea what the weather is supposed to do this week.
~I have suppressed the desire to rip down all of this blasted paneling in my family room and have began selecting paint colors for the "next project."
~I have not gone to bed before 10:30. I used to go to bed at least an hour before that. Sleep sound tempting...maybe after "one more episode."
~The new remote has been mastered. However, I still cannot figure out how to make the VCR work. (yes, we still have a VCR, but how am I supposed to tape one thing while watching another??? It's family cable, not DVR!)

Hmmmm. I'm not so sure that this was a good thing for me, but don't even think about taking my remote away.

No comments: