God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Things to do.

I feel blah. My Christmas tree is still up. (Yes, I know, it is almost mid-January, but in my defense, the lights on the tree have not been on for weeks, and we just removed the last of the gifts from beneath it last weekend.) My house should undergo a good cleaning. The drive should be shoveled again. The cross trainer should stand to be used. Laundry should be done again. A birthday cake should be baked. A shower should be taken. E-mails should be responded to. Christmas gifts should find a new home...not that they don't look great littered about the family room. The basement should be more organized. The refrigerator should be cleaned out. The rabbit should have some attention paid to it. The plants should get watered. My blog should get updated. Then there's the garage. I don't even want to think about that.
I would love to say that all of these tasks will be checked off by the end of the day, but lets get real. I don't feel like doing any of it and my maidservant (some may refer to her as my alternate personality) has taken an extensive leave of absence.

I actually wrote this yesterday and was feeling quite sorry for myself. Then I realized that this list really wasn't that overwhelming and if I got it all done, or mostly done Craig would be really happy, and since it was his birthday and all, I should really try to please him. When he got home from work let me tell you he WAS impressed. So impressed that he didn't even mind that I attempted to make him a year older by accidently adding an extra candle to his cake (which honestly blew itsself out before making it to the table--a divine act of providence-, so does that really count???).

2 comments:

Lonita said...

Have you considered getting a rabbit nanny to ensure your rabbit receives the constant attention it deserves? No need to feel guilty about the cross-trainer, though. It's clearly too cold to work out -even indoors.

~M. Riedel said...

A rabbit nanny is a grand idea. Why didn't I think of that? If only I could find someone that could be completely trusted with my furry friend. This calibur of person could only really be found at an animal-loving event...say a trout festival. Would you like to accompany me in an attempt to find someone? If you've never experienced a trout festival, you're really missing out!