God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Favs

These are a few of my favorite things (in random order):
  • Sour Patch Kids. My new candy of choice. So yummy.
  • Chips and Salsa.
  • Soup, Salad, and Bead sticks. Many days it is Olive Garden or bust.
  • Our new sofa. Incredibly comfortable.
  • Stealing Craig's pillow after he leaves for work in the morning.
  • Francine Rivers' books. Currently on #3 this week.
  • Our whirlpool tub. Soooo relaxing.
  • My husband. He is wonderful in case you didn't know. In case you do know, I'll say it again. Wonderful I am telling you.
  • Jet Dry liquid drying agent. Our dishes never looked so clean...and I've put some pretty nasty stuff in the dishwasher.
  • Farkle on facebook. It's not been a good farkling week, but it's all good.
  • Elastic waistbands. See ya in April, zippers!
  • Bella Bands.
  • Good family memories.
  • Fall weather.
  • Gravy. Disgusting but delicious.
  • Hearing baby's heartbeat. It is the most beautiful sound on earth right now.
  • Pickled Beets.
  • Texting.
  • Whole wheat toast with butter and strawberry jam.
  • Journaling.
  • Sunday afternoon naps. Today got a little out of control, but it felt good!
  • Blooming plants. My houseplants must love their new home.
  • Tim Horton's "Timbits." This is reserved as a Saturday-only morning treat.
  • Craig's job. I love it when he comes home smiling because he's had a great day.
  • My new iron. I protested the need at first, but really don't mind using it now because it works so well.
  • Friends and family that have kept me sane during this transition.
  • Green Bean Casserole. (hamburger, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and tater tots...true comfort food and delicious!)
  • The toaster oven. I use it for nearly every meal.
  • Natural light. Our old house didn't have much of it and this one does. Makes me smile.
  • Feeling baby when it has the wiggles.
  • God's gifts of Grace and peace.
  • Family Reunions.
  • Pictures.
  • My Maddie girl. Miss her so much!
  • Nights out with my love. Especially when a good movie is involved.
  • KFC coleslaw.
  • Tenderloins
  • Down comforters
  • Our home
  • Big Macs. However, I NEVER eat a whole one in one setting. I do have limits.
  • Stretchy cotton pants. I've never liked them before but with this ever growing belly, I am loving them now!
  • Doctor appointments. I get to get out of the house AND get reassured that everything is going well.
  • Carrots with ranch dip.
  • Main floor laundry.

I realize that a lot of my love list includes food. That is because I am in this awkward stage of food cravings and aversions. It is getting a little better, but I still struggle to get enough calories. I spend an unhealthy amount of time trying to come up with things that are palatable yet good for baby and I. This whole losing instead of gaining weight thing is a whole new concept for me. Pretty sure that that will all change soon though.

2 comments:

Lonita said...

Sounds like things are pretty good! Though why wait to steal Craig's pillow till after he gets up in the morning? After all, the baby needs it...

~M. Riedel said...

I tried that. All I am told is that I need to come up with a different plan!!