God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Round 2: Neighbor meeting

Today as I made my pilgrimage to the mailbox again our neighbor's wife (who, coincidently, is also our neighbor) was out in the driveway. I politely waved and retrieved my mail. As we made our way to the "meeting tree" that joins our properties I once again realized that I looked like a mess. This time I was wearing the only OTHER pair of pants that I vowed would never leave the house...black capris showing off my ridiculously long leg hair (seriously, who shaves their legs during pants season when they don't have a doctor's appointment and their husband is out of town?), an old newly-too-small T-shirt, fuzzy socks, and slippers. Luckily the wind was blowing like mad so it may be ok that my hair looked like I just got off of a roller coaster, and not a drop of make up. Do you know how many days I have gotten dressed up and done my hair and makeup before going to the mailbox after the last incident? Nearly EVERY DAY since. After all, it usually is my big outing for the day! Go figure.

Anyway, I have found that our neighbors are VERY nice (and not at all openly judgemental!). She even chased my mail all over our lawns when I accidentally forgot that I was holding it. It is not easy being me!

No comments: