God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Car Lot.

WhoooooHoooo! I am done working for the week. And for the first part of next week. To celebrate, I cleaned out the CR-V. It is now shiny and spotless just like two of our other 4 cars. Yes, I said 4 cars. I wrote earlier about the used car lot in our driveway and it is still there. In Craig's defense he has been on travel this week but seriously...these cars have got to go! Our current advertising plan doesn't seem to be cutting it, but I don't understand why. I mean, we've got the "FOR SALE" signs all filled out and laying obviously out in the open on the desk AND the cars are clean, which should raise some suspicion that something is going on! Why aren't the offers pouring in? Why aren't we constantly refueling after all the test drives? Why aren't there people lined up on the sidewalk with cash in hand?
To answer some of my questions I googled "how to sell a used car." The website that I was directed to gave some very innovative ideas. Perhaps we should try some. They included: 1. Decide on a price. 2. Clean the car--inside and out. Check. That is done. 3. Pay off any outstanding parking tickets. Pretty sure that we don't have any of those. We only owned one of these cars when in Ames and Craig went through his parking ticket collecting days. 4. Find out if you are responsible to get a smog certificate. Never even heard of one of those. We'll skip that one. 5. Advertise your car. Duh. What else are those "for sale" signs on the desk for? Of course, we're advertising!
Maybe we're overlooking something...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Might I suggest Craig's List? No not your husband LOL. Jeni