God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Thursday, April 29, 2010

10 days of my life

So many drafts, so few posts! Things have been crazy lately. Let me just say that selling a house is not so much fun!! In the last 10 days we have:
  • Had an inspection on our new home while we were still in Michigan. It passed. There are a few things that the seller is going to fix, but the rest is small potatoes and fairly inexpensive. I love that house and after spending a little more time there it is really feeling "homey."
  • Learned that I am really not adept at flying or understanding airports in general. I asked Craig to let me do all the thinking and finding where in the airport we needed to be on the way home. When I joined the crowd that was Toronto bound he intervened and led me to the correct gate. Once, just once, I want to outsmart him. We flew out of Detroit last Wednesday and put our current home on the market that evening. Anyone need a house???
  • Spent a day sulking and feeling completely and profoundly sorry for myself.
  • Gathered the last of the things that I could collect from our time with Christopher :( and checked on the status of a custom made box that a carpenter is making for us to put our tangible memories in. :)
  • Poured over pictures of my dad's headstone. It is finally set and is beautiful, but really brings a sense of finality to our time with him. I don't like that feeling AT ALL!
  • Worked 4 days. Bittersweet. It is good to be back, but have found that the stress of my job gets to me in a whole new way. I'm not nearly as patient as I used to be and nearly karate chopped the lady who spit continuously in my direction for 30 minutes. I did have a few minor breakdowns, but overall am glad to be back--kind of.
  • Had an open house with good turnout. 2 families said that they wanted to return with their realtor.
  • Left Craig at a neighbors as they incessantly compared their home (which is for sale) with ours. He came home 15 minutes later looking rather traumatized. Sorry, Honey. I couldn't take it anymore and had to "oops" return home to get my phone!
  • Had breakfast with a friend and dinner with a different friend on the same day. I (heart) days like that!
  • Stalked my house as our realtor hosted an open house for other realtors. It wasn't intentional, but I was having lunch with my neighbor and had a clear, inconspicuous, view. It is weird feeling when strangers are walking into and out of your house.
  • Facilitated a 0730 house inspection at our Iowa house. (Thanks, Craig!). Do you know that I don't care much for mornings?
  • Had a great appointment with my favorite doctor.
  • Attempted to make a work schedule. Do you know how hard that is to do when your entire future seems to be up in the air?
  • Have cleaned ridiculously. Is someone really going to look under my bed? Well, now they can because it is very tidy there...and everywhere else!
  • Took some silk flowers to my dad's grave and inspected the headstone for myself. I laughed initially when a bird had pooped on my sister's name, but then was disgusted by it as I scrubbed it off.
  • Checked out my newest mooing siblings. There are 5 now and 2 more on the way. The are so cute, but we look nothing alike.
  • Took a single, beautiful silk yellow rose to my grandpa's grave that is across the road from my dad's.
  • Shopped for new living room furniture...just to get some ideas.
  • Got the brake recall fixed on the Corolla. I guess there is another recall coming, but I still love my car.
  • Agreed to another open house this Sunday.
  • Had lunch with two neighbor ladies. One is in her 80's, the other in her 70's. It was hilarious as they discussed how "young people" these days use their computers for everything. They knew about facebook, google, and even blogs, but "would never do anything like that!" I smiled and was rather quiet. ;)
  • Assisted in interviewing my replacement at work. I think that the interviewee (is that a word?) would work out well.

That is why there are unreturned messages and e-mails that have not been responded to. I want to get there--and will--but for now I need to tidy up my house again! Grrr...

No comments: