God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Friday, April 2, 2010

Love at First Sight




Love at First Sight

Before you were conceived
I wanted you
Before you were born
I loved you
Before you were here for an hour
I would die for you
This is the miracle of life
--Maureen Hawkins

This is the poem that came with an Isabel Bloom sculpture I was given today. I am not big into collectibles, but when there is sentimental value attached to a Willow Tree figurine or a Isabel Bloom sculpture I LOVE them. This particular piece and poem seemed to whisper another thought to Christopher that I wish I would have had more of a chance to say. I love the fact that the mother just looks like she is in awe of her baby...just like I was. I also love it that the baby's facial features are not very defined. Love it, Love it, LOVE it.
It is so strange to me that I have found such enjoyment in Isabel Bloom sculptures. They are made locally. When we moved to the QCA 6 years ago some new friends had collections going and, honestly, I thought that they were ugly. When Kimmi died, Craig's work gave use the medium Peace Angel in the original coloring. It was just fitting and pretty. I like it--a lot. Our neighbor gave us the mini Hugs and I was hooked.
When my dad passed away, Craig and I went to the store to see if they had anything fitting. I fell in love with the Love You Forever piece. (the poem with it is: I love you today as I have from the start, I'll love you forever with all of my heart) We purchased it in the verdigris coloring, which is a kind of a grayish-green. The dad in the figure resembles my dad a little. My boss sent me a small Peace Angel after Christopher died, and now Craig's parents have given us the Love at First Sight sculpture, which is perfect. Love it! (Have I mentioned that??)
I no longer think they're ugly--now it is quite the opposite. However, the five pieces that we have all represent loss. I don't want any more for a LONG time!

No comments: