God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Nerdiness

I am turning into a nerd. Just wanted you to know. Here's why:
  • I spent several hours in the last two days pouring over medical journals trying to decipher statistics--and liked it, well--kind of. That is the kind of stuff Craig would do. (Actually, he read them with me) I read Karen Kingsbury or Lori Wick. Not stuff I can learn from. Nerds read to learn things.
  • I passed up an opportunity to get a free facial so that I could stay home to look at houses on the internet. (Well, I would have been late for the facial, anyway!)
  • I thoroughally enjoyed cleaning the oven and stove top the other day. Fun fun, right? I even showed Mom how clean it was on Skype--that's pretty nerdy. Fume Free Easy Off is Awesome!
  • My life is starting to revolve around when I will have sushi next. It is really getting rediculous. I am in love with Alaskan, Philadelphia, and California rolls. No ginger or soy, but a touch of wasabi. The wasabi somehow gets a little flavor stuck in my nose sometimes, though and I don't care much for that. I think I want some sushi now, actually, but am limiting myself to once a week. Nerds develop crushes on certain foods and then want nothing else. I fall into that category.
  • Lately, my wardrobe consists largely of t-shirts, stretchy capris, and flip flops. Although I won't leave the house in them (often, anyway) I have come to realize how comfortable they are, but I do look the part of a nerd. In all fairness, though, I haven't had time or desire to do much shopping and all of my pre-baby clothes are too big.
  • I check my work e-mail regularly even though I haven't been there for 5 weeks. Sometimes I even check it more than I would if I were at work. One who pays too much attention to their job when they're not there could be considered a nerd.

There you have it. A few evidences of what I am becoming. The bottom line is, though, I am just looking for some sense or normalicy. I miss the days that I woke up without a care in the world and didn't analyze everything. I miss so many things...and people...

2 comments:

Lonita said...

I've restocked my sushi ingredients and am ready to make it at a moment's notice - all you have to do is stop on over. :-) (OK, can't promise it will be as good as restaurant sushi - but definitely better than Hy-Vee's.) Hope all is going well with all the house prep and house looking.

Molly Truesdell said...

You are definitely a nerd. But I already knew that. That's one thing I love about you. Thinking of you...