God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Monday, March 22, 2010

Smiles in the midst of everything

I have been writing the continuation of Tuesday and a couple of other things, but don't have any of those ready to post yet. The reflection on those days has been met with very mixed emotions. I have felt happy, sad, crazy, joyful, distraught, angry, and indifferent to name a few. It is hard to find words to describe sometimes.

We have received so many cards and notes that have been so encouraging. THANK YOU for all of the hugs sent that way when we just needed a little squeeze from someone who cared!

Today has been a good one and I feel like writing about some things that are going on OUTSIDE of "Loss of Christopher World." Well, some of them might be related, but they are still lighthearted.

*I got my first ever pedicure. My sis was here and we decided that we needed a little pampering. We learned a whole lot about how exciting it is to be "graduating in 9 days." (We got them done at a beauty school). It was probably a good thing that it was the maiden voyage for both of us for pedicures because we heard the word "Oops" a lot and had no idea what they did wrong. I liked the paraffin wax dip, but I suspect that many other people have also dipped their feet in the same vat of warm goo. That makes me want to puke a little. It felt good, but next time? Um, no thanks.

*I was told by a certain adorable 4 year old that he wanted me to be his mom (in front of his mother on her birthday, none the less) because he liked to talk to me. Flattered, I told him that I thought he already had a really special mom, but I would like to be his friend. From there the conversation went on to how he got a new kaleidoscope and his birthday was coming up so I should really be thinking about a gift for him.

*My love for chocolate has found me once again, although I still seem to have some restraint. My friend sent a package with lots of variety of chocolate covered treats and it has lasted for a whole week. Plus, I have not hid it from anyone, which is not like me. Well, I take that back. I guess keeping it in the box under another box in the corner of the dining room is technically considered hiding, but the point is I have shared.

*We went to 3 movies last week...The Blindside, It's Complicated, and "Green Zone." (guess who picked the last one) Two of them didn't start until after 9:30 p.m. but have found that the movie theater is one of the few places that we can go and not think about what is going on other than what is on the silver screen.

*I had a meltdown one night and asked Craig to take me for a drive. We no sooner got out of the driveway when I decided that I really just wanted to stay home, but didn't say anything. Once we got about 3 miles out I asked Craig to turn around, which he did just in time for us to come upon the scene of 2 dogs getting hit by a car and yelping out in pain. It was traumatic and I was inconsolable for a while. That stunk.

*Our house hunting trip has been extended. (For those who don't know, Craig has accepted a transfer with the Dept. of Defense and we'll be moving to the northern suburbs of Detroit in the end of May.) It would be rediculous for me to post the dates we'll be gone on the big old scary internet, but if any of you Michiganders want to get together when we're out there, call me and I'll let you know. It will be nice to get away from home for a bit before the craziness of selling our house starts.

*Craig and I have spent so much time together and it has been wonderful. I love love love that man. He is so good to me...but I don't want to spoil one of the posts I'm working on so that's all I'm saying.

*Madison is coming this weekend! Oh how I've missed my girl. She's been in England with her grandparents for spring break, so she wasn't here last weekend. We've talked on the phone a few times, but I can't wait to hug her. When it comes to stepdaughters, I'm blessed with the best!

*I am still accepting reservations for lunch dates. My schedule is filling up quickly and am down to only about 4 openings per week so for best selection you should put in your requests early. =)

*Spring is here! We've really enjoyed getting out for walks. Craig has begun digging in the landscaping bricks so that we can put mulch around the trees and bushes in our yard. He's doing a great job, but it is going to take a long time to finish.

*Beginning in mid April, I will be watching Judge Judy faithfully until the episode airs that depicts the fate of one Craig's comrades who evidently sees no other way to get back what is rightfully his. All I can ask is WHY???

*We were given a beautiful fresh cut tulip and lily bouquet after coming home from the hospital. I sent at least 2 blooming lilies and 5 unopened buds home with my sister to take to the cemetary where my dad is buried, but there are now approximately 15 opened flowers and 9 more buds that are threatening to open any day. I had to move them out of the family room because they're so highly scented. Now they're in the dining room where we can still see and enjoy them, but don't have to experience the lily induced high. Whoa those suckers are strong.

I think that is it for now. Have a good one, all.
~M

1 comment:

Lonita said...

Congratulations on your chocolate restraint! I didn't know Madison had gone in England - bet she'll have lots to tell you. By the way, I'm putting in my lunch date request for March 30 - hopefully your openings haven't all filled up yet!