God is always working to make His children aware of a dream
that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream,

a new dream that
when realized will release a new song, sung with tears,

till God wipes them away
and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts

--Larry Crabb


Friday, March 12, 2010

Note to self:

Note to self: Do not get your hair cut on the day you are discharged from the hospital if: A.) You can't drive yourself there. B.) You've also done a transaction at a funeral home the same day. C.) The hairdresser asks you what kind of cut you want and you stare at her blankly for a few seconds before you say something to the effect of "You have nice hair--anything is fine." or D.) While waiting 10 minutes for your cut you forget your name and why you are there.

The lady asked me how short I wanted to go and I remember saying "Oh, about right here would be good." I have no idea where I was pointing but evidently it was somewhere near my ear. I also vaguely remember telling her that she could go a little shorter to which she took a deep breath and said that she wouldn't do it, but would be glad to take a little more off tomorrow if I still wanted shorter.

I spent 45 minutes this morning trying to come up with the least crappy version of my new mess. I won't be going shorter. Thanks lady for saving me from further embarassmet.

Today has been going pretty well. Craig and I both slept wonderfully and that helps. I know from past experience, though, that the worst will hit a little later. For the moment, though, it just feels good to be home and rested.

1 comment:

Lonita said...

I'm glad you were able to get a good night's sleep and that you've been able to find a bit of humor in the midst of so much sadness. I can't imagine how difficult the loss of Christopher is for you, but the thoughts you've shared about him here have been so beautiful. He will live on in so many hearts. Thinking of you.